May 15, 2015
OF DISCONTINUED PART NUMBERS:
Accessories and Programmers
HID Global is dedicated to providing the highest quality physical access control solutions to our customers. Our commitment to quality includes proactive and efficient management of the HID Global product lifecycle process to ensure a streamlined portfolio that helps you easily select the right solution for each application. This process also provides operational efficiencies for HID Global and our partners, helping us to deliver on our commitment to improve the way we do business together.
HID Global is discontinuing SmartID readers, accessories and programmers due to low demand.
Summary of Dorado reader and accessory
parts being discontinued:
- All finished wall access control readers SmartID 13.56 MHz readers
- All finished wall access control readers SmartTRANS 13.56 MHz & 125 kHz readers
- All SmartID reader and programmer accessories (wall switch plates, spacers, cables, etc.
- All programmer software, including ProxBurn and ReadersTOOLS
- All desktop card encoders
- Aperio, RW and T=CL reader interfaces and associated readers
Timeline for Discontinued
- End of Sales ** – November 15, 2015*
- Final scheduled ship date –
- End of Life ** – June 15, 2016
* While supplies last. Stock is limited and subject
to availability on some of the above reader models;
accordingly, RMAs with replacement units are also
**Refer to HID Global Product Lifecycle Process
for definitions and implications of “End of Sales”
and “End of Life”.
HID Global offers matching card compatibility for a large portion of SmartID customizations and reader programming under the iCLASS SE Custom Programming and CSN configuration feature sets.
Existing reader formats (ex. codes that look like 01SMR-0011) must be evaluated by HID Global to determine migration paths as SmartID, SmartTRANS and associated programmer tools are often a highly customized solution to fit custom MIFARE/DESFire programming,. HID Global will provide migration paths for commercially reasonable opportunities.
Please consult the Customer Item Substitute List for more information or contact HID technical services to evaluate your specific situation.
Access Substitution List >>
Thank you for your continued business and interest in HID Global products, solutions and services.